Wednesday, October 20, 2010

1984 character: Julia, the sexual deviant

The character that I've chosen to write about is Julia.  I think that she is an interesting character and that she might be hiding something deep down.  It is clear that she is a rebel against the government.  But she is really a driving force that is helping the story.  I feel that she might be a little too random to just be as simple as a rebel who loves being with and having sex with Winston.  I wonder what she is hiding or if she is hiding anything at all.  It's nice that Winston has someone to be with right now.  He has not shown much stress or paranoia ever since hes been hooking up with Julia.  As much as I want there to be something deep down in Julia, I also hope she is a "good character" and not an "evil" one, since she does give Winston so much happiness.  I also hope they continue to have sex.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, I feel like Julia is a positive character in this story. Winston has talked previously about wanting to be involved in a sexual relationship, and he finally got that. I'm glad she came into his life for this reason, however I'm also interested to find out what she will turn into and how her role in the story will play out.

    ReplyDelete